Thursday, August 21, 2008

Simply Use Sprinkles


Sometimes I just bake and today was one of those times. We were completely out of sweet snacks and since we learned that Grant is allergic (or so it would seem) to eggs we have not had baked goods with eggs in them around for fear of unseen bites. I wanted to make cookies so I put together a batter with no egg from a chocolate chip recipe (without the chocolate chips) I had. I added a spoonful of sour cream and pinch of ground cardamon for a bit of jazz then I topped them with a simple glaze frosting and some sugar sprinkles I found in my baking cupboard. What I got in the end was a nice little "sparkle spice cookie". They turned out much better then I thought and worthy of a few pics. I really think that sometimes all it takes are a few sprinkles to make me happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love how the sprinkles match the plates. You amaze me with your baking skills, I have no clue how to substitute things for other things. Unless of course what I am using as a substitute says "Substitute".